Thursday, May 6, 2010

Art with Kids

I, like many other bloggers, am a mom of young children. Between my mom responsibilities, work, and housework, it's really really difficult to make time for my own creative endeavors. I've found the best way to get my creative fix is to BE creative with my kids.

Thinking of my own project takes time and energy I don't often have. Thank goodness for the Internet! Without further ado, here are some other online projects I've found that I can't wait to try with my kids:


Draw Me a Potholder (Sycamore Stirrings)

Freezer Paper Stencils (Panjo Kids)

Intro to Embroidery, Lesson 1: Pepto Girl

Lesson 2: Pepto Girl

Tutorial on making your own designer clothes...with a bleach pen! I Am Momma Hear Me Roar

ABC's in a Can Tutorial (Guest blogger Kierste at UCreate)

Screen Printing TShirts with Mod Podge!
A Simple Silly Girl

Fun with photo transfers
Non Photography
(Note: This one looks a bit more grown up, but the photo transfer is done with mod podge, and would be easy to translate into a kids' art project. See her links below the post for more ideas).

Starting a children’s art group (which I daydream about daily)
Artful Parent

Some other good blogs on arts & crafts with Kids:

Color Color Color

Kids Craft Weekly (the best!)

For an excellent resource, I highly (HIGHLY) recommend the book The Creative Family by Amanda Soule. Her blog is a wonderful resource, as well.

photo from I Am Momma Hear Me Roar (Bleach Pen Tutorial)

No comments:

Post a Comment