Friday, August 20, 2010

Art + Function = Design


I was so, so excited when I saw this bench-as-coffee-table over at Freshly Picked.  As you know, I am obsessed with redecorating my home (a long process as I look for the right pieces and.or save up for them).  One of my biggest design dilemmas is that we have nowhere to put a beverage glass in our living room - no tables, no nothing.  We pretty much have a couch, and... that's it.  I'd love a coffee table, but with two accident prone children under the age of 3, I worry about sharp corners and head wounds and all that.  An upholstered bench is the perfect solution!  And so stylish.

Read on for more solutions to design dilemmas...

Need a cool save the date? How about a Custom stamp!

Cool kids clothes are so expensive!  Just DIY with a Freezer Stencil Whale (I want one of these for the not-so-wee one).

I don't know about you, but I am SO picky about fabric. Good think I can design my own.
(via Stephmodo)

Another one from Steph, those is search of R&R would also love this perfect reading nook.

Think you are the next Charlotte Bickford-Smith? Make your own hardbound books from old paperbacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment