Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Silhouette SD

There's so many new gadgets coming out left and right that I've sort of gotten used to just being obsolete.  I don't have a Cricut (let alone the one for cakes, swooooon), my 4 year old Mac suits me just fine, and I will nevereverever buy a Kindle/Nook/fancyelectronicreplacementforpaper because I love the feel of a book in my hands. 

I know.  So uncool.

However, once in awhile a new doohickey (yes, it's a word) comes along that puts me in danger of smashing piggy banks.  The Silhouette SD is just such a one.  What exactly is the Silhouette? So glad you asked.

The Silhouette SD is "an electronic cutting tool that connects to your computer allowing you to cut fonts and images in cardstock, vinyl, heat transfer material, etc."

So I can design my own decals for my walls?  You had me at vinyl. 

I'll be honest - my exacto knife is sitting in a drawer at my house waiting for me to have the patience to pick it up. So this just might be the tool for me.  (Not sure how my friend Cindy at Scherenschnitte will feel about it...). You can see all the cool projects people have been making with the Silhouette on the Flickr group.

The price isn't bad, but I'm one of those who cringes at splurging on pizza when there is food in the fridge.  Lucky for me, Twig & Thistle is giving away a Silhouette SD!  I really don't need the competition, but you can enter here.

Disclaimer: This blog post was part of my entering to win a Silhouette SD at Twig & Thistle. However, I really DO love it.  A lot. A lot a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment