Friday, September 10, 2010

Organizing in Style

As I said yesterday, I know I've been a bit absent from the blog lately, but that doesn't mean I have not been busy!  On the contrary, I spent ALL Labor Day weekend organizing by entire house.

Trust me, this is no easy task.  I am what you would call a "pile-builder" (my husband can attest to this, it drives me crazy).  The odd thing is, I am not messy, I am not gross, I am just not neat.  I look at something, put it in a pile to sort later, and move on and forget about it.

I recently realized a lot of the problem is that I didn't have ANY set places for things, and so the pile would grow, waiting for me to figure out how to deal with it.  The other problem I've learned - I simply have too much stuff.  If it couldn't fit in the alloted space and I hadn't used it recently, out it went!

Already I can breathe easier, and feel more free. The kitchen is done, and I cook more. Clean up is faster and easier.  The "junk" drawer is done.  If I need scissors or tape, I know exactly where it goes.

The last thing I learned is, if it's pretty, I will keep it clean.  So beautiful supplies is a must. On that note, I wanted to share some of the pretty office supplies I'm coveting:
Kate Spade stationary.  Big card. Small Party.

A brightly colored binder keeps all of the not-so-fun stuff (like wills) in check.


Jonathon Adler Sticky Notes and Note Cubes add instant pops of color to any office.

 The DiVoga black and white collection is super chic.

This Parakeet folder at Sorting with Style reminds you of Anthropologie, doesn't it?

I love the Scandinavian-inspired red and teal pallete of Galison's "Rosehip" Weekly Organizer

These "essey Bin Bins" by Huset are works of art!

Keep your junk drawer in order with this organizer from John Derian for Target

And finally, for the day I FINALLY have a laptop...
A cupcake laptop sleeve. Naturally.

What pretty supplies make your life neat and organized?

No comments:

Post a Comment