Thursday, September 16, 2010

Anthology Magazine

Friends, I am trouble at a magazine stand.  As much as I love the instant gratification of the web, I am a tactile person by nature. There is nothing I love more than flipping through a magazine.  The beauty of the images, the gloss texture of the pages, the weight of it in my hands... heaven. 

If magazines are my heaven, design and shelter magazines are my crack.  I cannot get enough.  So I am so SO excited about the new shelter and lifestyle magazine Anthology. Not only is it coming straight out of the Bay Area (yeah!), but it is awesome! Check out the cover below:

Isn't she purty?

Created by editor Ahn-Minh Lee (a frequent contributor to the SF Chronicle) and Creative Director Meg Mateo Ilasco (also known for her Craft Inc and Creative Inc books).  According to their blog, the inaugural issue is dedicated to "The Slow Life", and was inspired by classic items that get better with time, pops of color, and handcrafted goods.

You can visit the Anthology website to a preview - and subscribe! - and also check out some sneak peeks at fellow blogs Oh Happy Day and Design*Sponge (Issue 1 features an interview with D*S's Grace Bonney).

I can imagine it in my hands now...

PS: Anthology is doing a West Elm Twitter giveaway!  This might be enough to get me tweeting...


No comments:

Post a Comment