Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Rae Dunn

Rae Dunn is a California native who now resides in San Francisco (a local)!  After getting her degree in Industrial Design, working in graphics and fashion design, she finally turned to clay as a potter and artist.

One glance through her thriving Etsy business makes me crave more pottery in my life.

Rae's work has an unfinished, earthy aesthetic, but her designs are simple enough to look sophisticated in even the most elegant home.  In her website bio, Rae says, "I don't strive for perfection in line and form in my work, because for me the balance I'm trying to achieve can't be represented that way. The incompleteness and imperfection of my work is part of the story."

For more info on Rae Dunn, you can visit her website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment